* Birth: 7 December 1921; Magshar sud 8, VS 1978.
* Birthplace: Chansad, Gujarat.
* Initiation: 10 January 1940; Posh sud 1, VS 1996.
* Guru: Brahmaswarup Shastriji Maharaj
* Spiritual Head Since: 23 January 1971; Posh vad 11, VS 2027.
* Villages Visited: Over 15,500.
* Countries Visited: Over 50.
* Homes Sanctified: Over 250,000.
* Letters Read & Replied: Over 500,000.
* Personally Counselled & Comforted: Over 810,000 people.
* Mandirs Built & Consecrated: Over 800.
* Sadhu Disciples: Over 800.
Most extra-ordinary person in ordinary form. H.D.H. Pramukh Swami Maharaj
What is left with a person who has given his all? Nothing. Nothing but himself. And that himself is everything. It is an ocean of goodness, of purity and humility, a summary of spirituality. And that is enough to inspire millions. In Swamiji’s presence, doubts dissolve, confusions clear, hurts heal and the mind finds peace. People find answers to life’s toughest questions.
Pujya Pramukh Swami Maharaj is the fifth spiritual successor of Bhagwan Swaminarayan and the present leader of Bochasanwasi Shri Akshar Purushottam Swaminarayan Sanstha. He leads an austere life of lifetime celibacy, without personal wealth or comfort. Representing the essence of Hinduism,his compassion for humanity, universal wisdom and striking simplicity have touched many world religious and national leaders. But most important is his quiet, undisturbed love for God which rises beyond all borders of nation, race and religion.
Even after creating an international spiritual empire of hundreds of mandirs, thousands of centres and over a million followers, you’ll always find Swamiji engrossed in prayer. Sometimes at 2.30 in the morning, for his life is the living proof that prayers work and divine love succeeds.